Treemaker is released on Google Play today! Go ahead and get it right away from Google Play, it’s FREE! We have also released an update for the iPhone and iPad version today. The new version has lots of improvements and 12 new levels! Watch the original tailer.
Treemaker now available on the AppStore: http://itunes.com/apps/treemaker
Now that the first version of the game is released, we explored the project archives a bit and found some behind-the-scenes material. I’ll give some explanation (mainly from technical point of view) to the different aspects of the development accompanied with images and videos.
We’ve just finished an iOS version of the Treemaker and shipped the binary to Apple QA. It should be available on the AppStore soon! Meanwhile, here is some more information and screenshots from the game. Also, a full version for MeeGo Harmattan (Nokia N9 / N950) version has been submitted to Nokia OVI QA and will also surface later this week!
1) Ensure the device has enough battery left or connect the power adapter
2) Download the file from the link above
3) Click once on completed transfer in MeeGo browser
4) Agree to install the package
5) Wait patiently for a while, about 30 secs or so.
6) Go to application menu and you should find the game there
If something goes wrong (we saw this happening once), MeeGo device can jam the installation somehow. The resolution was to reboot the device and uninstall treemaker app in application manager. After this re-install from the link above and it worked fine.
Draw Challange now available in Nokia OVI Store! Click http://store.ovi.com/content/91599
Update: Game now live in Nokia OVI Store! http://store.ovi.com/content/91599
Today we have submitted the Nokia N900 game “Draw Challenge” to OVI Store QA-process. It will take about 5 days and then release will be shown in OVI Store. Meanwhile, some screenshots.
Draw Challenge gameplay is simply:
We had these kind of guidelines about the game idea:
- Something that can be explained with one image, so very clear and simple idea
- Does not need language or doesn’t depend on players age etc.
- Playing should be somehow relaxing, not something that needs very high level of concentration and effort
The idea evolved into a simple drawing game. Afterall, it needed more work to implement than we thought, but the result is quite nice.
Mikrotie Ltd has been the main subcontractor in developing the Capsule 3d -engine and the products Collada 3d Viewer and Model Search for SVS Innovations Ltd. Now these products are finished and will soon be available in OVI.
Short in-game clip. Video quality not too good, sorry!